Wednesday, August 3, 2011

12 days to go!

Thanks to my new bus working its kinks out, I was stranded in CT all last week pulling a gas tank and fighting tenacious VW gremlins. Now that I am back (and victorious), I realized that I am leaving on my trip in 12 days! There are many things I need to do before I take off. :D

I have to finish up designing some shirts, and print said shirts. I have to finish designing Snoopy's mural... and Doc Ric's mural edits. I have a pop-top canvas mural for Jamie to design. And finally a giant new sign for Salem Import Service, to be painted beforehand and delivered.

I wanted to work on the t-shirt designs first since some of them have been waiting a while. First up is the design for Reggie's RSVP campout. RSVP is an acronym for Reggie's Stimulus Vacation Package. Like Reggie said, times are hard...we need a free campout! Bonus about the campout is that directly across the river there is an old time fiddler's convention going on! I will be sure to be in Lenoir, NC for this one!




Also on my t-shirt list is one for Sergio from CT. I met him at the Lebanon VW Show. A little before the awards were given out, a bunch of watercooled cars pulled up. One of these guys was Sergio who works for VW. He was driving his MK II Jetta and asked if I could design a t-shirt for him of his car. As I have been asked repeatedly for watercooled options, I decided to go for it. He let me borrow his phone to take some pictures of his car and send them to myself... modern technology! Here is what I came up with... certainly the first of many watercooled vw designs to come!




I am also working on a baywindow dash shirt for those fans of the '68- '79 VW bus... like me! But you will have to be little more patient for that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment