Friday, July 22, 2011

Another large, month long post.

I have been lax in my blogging again this past month. But again, for good reason!

The first reason is that I got a new bus. Sure thing! Traded my 64 beetle for a 78 bus. Pulled the motor, transmission and pretty much everything else that moves. Replaced lots of stuff too. ...but that deserves its own post when I have some time.

Right now, I am working on too many things at once.

In less than a month, I am heading down to TN, SC, NC and VA to do some bus painting of various sorts. I was trying to wait until all my concepts were done before posting them, but in an effort appease my customers with some sort of progress, here is a couple of pics for DOCRIC in TN.





Ric wanted his red bus to be decorated with a rose mural... possibly with a "steal your face" on the front. So that is what I did! Ric, all colors are obviously easily changed at this point. Also, the fade around the nose logo would likely be done with cans or airbrush, though I could achieve the marker effect with a brush, if you like it the way it is.
Above the side example, there are several different thoughts on a transition to the current paint job. Also, all red will be the current paint showing through and I have sorted out a way to sand without sanding the whole thing. ;) We will talk more about that later though!

Also, Justin Steelersbus has asked me to come up with a concept for Mattyo's RiverBus campout. Here is what I came up with today. Let me know what you think Justin/ Matt. I already have this in SVG and PNG file format if you like it the way it is.




Also also, I have been working on a t-shirt for Reggie's RSVP campout and that is nearly done too... but I haven't finished the computer editing at this point... so hang in there! I haven't forgotten!


Finally (i think) I have been hitting up a lot of the vw shows in the area. This weekend is my first all car show and I will be selling vw shirts and parts. This is the CT Area T-Bird Society's "Time Machines" show held this sunday at the Guilford Fairground in Guilford, ct. Jessica and I will be heading down 1st thing tomorrow to avoid the heat. Excessive heat is bad for old untested new-to-me vw buses. (103 today!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ken, It was great talking with you on Facebook last month. Did you make it to the CT show in your new bus okay? Hope the weather improved for you both!

    I love this post of yours and seeing your art taking shape on the bus. Also love your Riverbus II design. I'd love to advertise your artwork as I drive across America from MA to OR late this year. Maybe we could partner on producing a T shirt to raise money for my cause "Driving to put MG on the map"? A logo of my 71 Bay window Westy camper in the great outdoors would look so good (if done by you, of course!).

    Wishing you the best of luck with all your paintedbus projects over the next couple of months. And hope our buses get to meet before I leave for the west coast.

    from Carole and The YesWeCan CamperVan

    ReplyDelete