Monday, August 8, 2011

Mark's sign


Mark owns and runs Salem Import Service in Salem, VA. This is an "all makes" auto shop, but they specialize in air-cooled VWs. I met him through the Full Moon Bus Club website and have agreed to make him a new sign for out by the street.

Today I came up with a rough idea for his sign. If it is approved, I will be painting it this week and delivering it in person to Salem ,VA probably next Tuesday or Wednesday. It's going to be a big one! Roughly 4' x 8'... and enough to either fill my bus up or convince me to leave my massive roof rack on for my 3-week mural painting tour.

Mark has been restoring his incredible 23 window deluxe bus and I thought it would be appropriate to use a representation of his now restored bus as the main image. In one of his various internet banner logos, he has a red and white splitty bus that I modeled this after. I also have plans to cut down the top of the sign so its nicely rounded... same deal with the bottom corners. In terms of color choice, I referenced the Virginia Tech logo since Mark is an avid supporter and fan. But at this point, it's just an idea and we will see what he thinks.

And Mark- this is more of a general layout than anything else. I have a particular style I paint in (I am sure you are familiar with it) and as a result, the finished text and image will reflect my personal aesthetics. Unfortunately, I dont have Ken Mitchell font on my photoshop, lol. It will be close to whatever is approved, but not exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment