Sunday, August 21, 2011

1000 miles down, 1400 to go

I am currently in Roan Mountain, TN getting things in order to start my first bus mural of the trip! This wasn't my first stop but it is the first one where I have access to the internet... so I have some updating to do!

First thing, for those of you that might worry, the bus is running cool and excellent. No problems thus far except a squeaky wheel bearing and I had Reggie (Bud's Air-cooled parts... remember the t-shirt?) order me some new ones so I can install the when they get in.

My first stop was at Mark Dearing's Shop in Salem, VA. Both Mark and Sandra were happy to receive the sign I painted for them.



I was able to pick up a couple of new parts for me and my friend Tracy... a nose cone for her splitty and a nice louvered window for my bus. While I was there I randomly met a nice family that said they had been talking about me all week! They were on a long journey too... from Miami, FL to Nova Scotia and back in a late vanagon Westy w/ a Bostig engine conversion. Turns out they had been following Aswah's bus mural progress and had no idea who painted it... then surprise! There I was, camped out at mark's shop. After a bit of chatting, it looks like Jessica and I will be flying down to Miami, FL sometime over this winter. :) Mark Took me to see some sights:



My next stop was in Erwin, TN for the Buses on the River Campout (BOTR.) I met MANY Moonies that I have only ever met through the website (www.fullmoonbusclub.com) I sold a bunch of shirts, ate way too much awesome food, slept too little and figured out how to print out of my bus! Then of course... AWESOME LOCATION! Wow @ TN, and thanks to Boyd Smith for hosting such an enjoyable event. Here are some pics:

The River from Busses on the river:


A little paintedbus tattoo for Jed and Turtle's bus:


Now, as I said earlier, I am in Roan Mountain, TN and am getting my head into mural painting mode. So, pics regarding that later on this week.
Here is Ric's Driveway :)



Finally, my cell phone doesn't have service up here in the mountains, so don't try to call me. I will end up having 30 text messages and voice mails to go through. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment