Friday, February 18, 2011

Progress for Christian

I forgot to post my progress on the wedding portrait I have been working on this week. The pics I have taken so far have all been pretty terrible, but they give a good idea of whats happening anyway! This is going to be a black and white double wedding portrait, using a three color tonal plane approach. In other words, the shadows will be black, the highlights white, and the mid-tones will be the back ground color. According to Christian, the wedding color is somewhere around an eggplant purple so thats what the background color is (my camera lies to me.) Their wedding is on the 26th, so I will be busting my butt to get this all finished up and out the door by Monday!


Here is the first pic from a couple of days ago:




...and today I all but finished up the black portion. I have to add the face attached to the extra arms tomorrow morning (too bleary-eyed right now.) Also, take note that the tape is actually straight, they appear curved as a result of me standing too close to the canvas while taking the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment