Friday, August 20, 2010

Bicycles, moderators scheming and uncertianty about CA

Aside from the painting in the previous post, several other things happened or progressed in terms of my little art world today.


First thing in the morning I was approached via e-mail by an FMBC member to ask if I'd be willing to paint a vintage 1950's bicycle. As I really love just about anything antique and mechanical I figured this would be an excellent opportunity to branch out from painting vw buses. I think he wants me to paint it in solid colors though, gloss black and gloss white. If that's what he wants then I would be happy to do that i suppose. ...but I am going to practice my pin striping first!

Later on in the day I got an e-mail from Steelersbus saying (among other things)that the FMBC moderators want me to do work for them. Then tonight I was contacted by Snoopy (another FMBC moderator) saying "2-3 paintings." ...and yesterday VWgirl (also from FMBC) asked me a similar thing. The funny thing is that no one will tell me what sort of paintings they want or for what. I guess i will find out soon enough. So mysterious!

...and regarding SB's painting I received some new pictures to work off of so I can continue on that. It seems he was not entirely set in stone regarding what image he wanted, so I will take some liberties. Look for work on this one tomorrow!

Finally, there seems to be a little turbulence in terms of my much anticipated California trip. Without going too much into it, I am slated to paint two westy vanagons out in California. One in Southern California, the other in Northern California. It is going to be a pretty fun adventure if I can work everything out, so lets hope that we can find a happy middle ground and I can order my plane tickets! 3 weeks wandering a 600 mile stretch of California all while visiting with some long time friends and leaving my art mark just sounds like a good time to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment