Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two projects, progress on both

So I have been working on both of these at the same time. It's interesting, because they are two very different styles and I can switch between them if I need to!

Maria's painting is being built up in layers right now. So far I am pretty pleased with it, but I will probably have to do some fine tuning once I get all the colors in there. It is best (in my opinion) to get everything down first, then adjust where you need to. I am especially happy with the composition on this painting. My reference photo is a little fuzzy, so either I will keep the shapes loose and expressive or i might use some of the other pics I have to tighten up features and such. It is too early at this point to make that call.



Snoopy's painting is a little less developed at this point, but I think I am going to work on it for most of tomorrow. His painting will have Terra (his bus) surrounded by trees and such. It is difficult to tell at this stage, but this is a fish-eye processed photo, so it will all kinda conform to the shape of the canvas. Should be pretty neat once I start in w/ the black lines and color! I gotta tuck that back bumper in a little now that I am thinking of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment