Friday, December 10, 2010

Workin'

Hey there, I am working on two paintings for Jill in Asheville, NC.

I took a large 2' x 4' piece of extra thick masonite and cut it into two squares. My signature portrait style incorporates some funky organic patterns as a background. This is how I do that!

First, I apply large amounts of gesso (primer.)



I apply some texture using a stiff brush.



Then I say the magic word and voila! A killer background with a nice taped grid already in place!




lol, There are actually a lot of steps in between, but my camera died. If you look closely in the background of that last picture, you can see the other square behind leaning against the wall. It is a mirror image of this one, but with different colors. More pics of that one later. :D

Keep checking in Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment