Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kicks~

My little brother DJ had a good idea for a birthday gift. He sent me a pair of Vans with a request that I paint them for his girlfriend (who turns another year older on Friday) The only instruction that I got was to include purple.

So after some deliberation, I set on painting them with a purple lotus and lily pad theme. I drew up a quick sketch and primed the shoes with a flexible primer. Then I drew out the design on the shoes and painted in acrylics cut with fabric medium. Once dry, I heat set them and cleared over them with several layers of flexible clear coat (like whats used on banners.)

The neat thing about these is that if she puts her feet together, the design goes from one shoe to the other!

Here is what resulted:




No comments:

Post a Comment