Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lesley's finished project.

Well, after spending a week working on this and almost entirely ignoring the internet, I think it is finally finished! The colors are a departure from my usual palette, but I think it suits the temperament of the painting and is correct for its intended destination. I ended up re-painting the entire thing, and changed most of the colors after finishing on Thursday. Initially I was going w/ a tonal scale but when I started painting, I didn't... not sure why. I had the full color range, just like many of my other paintings. It just didn't finish right so I used a tonal scale and kept it within a certain color range.

Here is how it is now. I am happy with it!

2'x 2' acrylic on stretched canvas.



and the low res cell phone pic of the abandoned color scheme (now gone):

No comments:

Post a Comment